Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bubble Head

ayden loves taking bubble baths because he can “hide” under the bubbles. Really, who doesn’t like bubble baths? or hiding for that matter… :) Today is a day I’d like to hide from Jayden. I called Kaylee and told her I was giving up. Jayden wins, I’m done. (not really, but some days I want to) The boy has an attitude like there is no tomorrow and enough stubborn genes running through his veins for at least 5 kids. He picks fights just so he can yell at me (awesome!), so most of the time I don’t respond to his ‘I wanna watch a movie’ right after we just turn a movie off, because when I say ‘We’re gonna do something else since we just watched a movie’, he says, ‘I WANT TO WATCH A MOVIE!!!!! NOW MOM!!!!’ and then throws a fit. (awesome again!) We go upstairs to paint, but it’s not the right paint or the right paintbrush. On the way to timeouts, if I am holding Willow and can only grab him by one arm (instead of an entire body hold/grab/carry), he bites, and scratches, and hits, and kicks. My hands look like they have been attacked by raccoons (once again, awesome!) Then, this is my favorite. When he’s in timeout, just to give me something else to think about, sometimes he’ll take off all his clothes and pees on the floor. Or like today (this is really fantastic), he doesn’t take his clothes off, pees right in them on the floor, then takes them off and when I come to open his door and let him out of his room, he throws his wet pants and underoos at me and says, ‘You need to dry these! AND I need new pants’. (AWESOME!!!!) I think I need a freaking vacation…. Anyways….. Here’s cute little Jayden enjoying his bubbles.





What about you Willow? You gonna give me trouble?


Never Mom! Never!

7 comments:

Kay-Kay said...

those are the funniest pictures in the whole world! ha ha ha

Amy said...

ummm. . . wow. What an attitude. I had no idea! I feel bad that throwing pee soaked pants and yelling YOU NEED TO DRY THESE AND I NEED NEW PANTS makes me laugh so hard! I wish I could have acted like Jayden today when things weren’t going my way!
But seriously man. . .good luck with that one!

Jojee said...

oh man. I wonder who he gets that from??? I think Jayden is acting out because he wants to move back to Washington.

Krisy said...

Seriously? I don’t know what else to say.

Jaynee said...

Let’s see. Do I have any wise parenting advice? (she thinks, sighs, smiles, trys to hold back the large gafaw building in her lungs…can’t hold it…BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) Sorry Rachel. How about, ‘just hang in there with your sense of humor and keep bein’ da Mom’. (and maybe find a MOPS group.)
Honestly, this attitude stuff will get better. When Jeffrey joined our family it wasn’t long before he earned the title of, “professional screamer”. Poor 2 yr. old Jon was so quiet and patient about it. Then one day he said so seriously, “momma, when can we take the baby back to the hospital?” His little face was so sweet when he said it. When I reasured him that he wasn’t alone in his frustration, it seemed to make him feel better.
My observations have been that 3 or 4 months after the new arrival comes into the house and throws a monkey wrench into the “well oiled” pre established routine, the first child seems to need some extra reassurance that they are not being replaced by that cute little “invader”. He’ll figure it out. And you’ll continue to be great at helping him be a fantastic big brother.

Hang in there and keep the blog & camera rolling…(so we can all keep rolling with laughter!)

Love you~(and i’ll pray for you too.)

Royal said...

Little man is showing that he can make decisions and stand by them. That is very good trait if you ask me.

Jordan said...

I told you when you were prego that if Jayden gets Royal’s size and your personality you were in for it.. looks like it happened!