Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Let the Games Begin!
While Royal and Jayden are off to Home Depot to pick up some more dirt for my garden box, dirt that I am going to have to haul around now that Royal has injured himself dang-it-all, and Willow is taking a nap, I have finished filling out my NCAA Tourny Bracket. I have watched absolutely NO college basketball, I don’t read ESPN daily, so I really have no idea what teams are good, who has that one great player, who got a bad seed in the tourny, who could upset who, etc. My bracket picks are really based loosely off of seeding, school colors, if one team’s mascot could beat the other team’s mascot in a real life fight, very scientific kinda stuff. Like Wake Forest for example, I had never even heard of Wake Forest until Royal came along and had me start filling out a bracket, because let’s face it, our marriage needs a little more competition in it. But I have come to really like Wake Forest in my picking because every year I try and come up with what the heck a Wake Forest is. Is it a forest where nothing sleeps? Is is a forest with a lake and lots of boats with real big wakes? And I like Syracuse because they are orange and white and remind me of a creamsicle and I love orange creamsicles. And then of course I have to push Kansas through because I guess I need to support the state that I now live in. But then there are the Washington teams, and oh how I miss Washington. And Royal does nothing but talk about how our kids will be going to UW and then my best friend Teresa graduated from Gonzaga, so I have to push Gonzaga and Washington through, can’t have them getting beat in the first round. All in all, I have Duke winning the whole thing. Want to know why? Because it was one of the few teams I had left at the end and I have a Duke sweatshirt that I love! Very very good reasoning if you ask me. :)
Labels:
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rachel always does well with her picks, even though she uses some odd methods of making them. I have yet to lose to her, but I am sure the day will come.
Rach… you actally have some really great picks (from what I can see in the picture). I like Syracuse too… and of course, the Pac 10 teams and Gonzaga. I also think the Huskies will be in the Sweet 16… oh whoa, did I just say that? ;) Good luck!
I freakin love it! This is totally how I would make these decisions. . . but my husband is a weenie and I don’t have to watch sports! :)
Rachel I love your oh so scientific formula. I hate basketball personally but you and your picks could make it very interesting. Keep us updated on how it all goes!!!!! Love from that old Marshmellow
Post a Comment