Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Wandering Goose :: vol 19 :: Regal Park

Day 4 of KS-2-WA 2013

Chapter 1 : The Drive
We got up this morning and got in the truck by around 7 with only a 4 hour drive to Kaylee's house!  The last part of the drive always seems to take forever, but at least we were driving all along the Columbia River and we could see Washington in view just on the the other side the whole time!
Here's the John Day Dam
Mt Hood in the distance!
One last bathroom break in Hood River.
Then it was onto Royal's parents house in Kelso to say hi, get some food, and get haircuts!  We got to see a couple of our really great friends there too for a couple hours, then it was back in the car to make the final hour drive to Regal Park!
We were in the car for about 5 minutes when this happened
Jayden kept trying to trick her by whispering in her ear, "Hey Willow!  We're there!  Easton is waiting for you!" trying to get her snap awake, but she'd open her eyes, look out the window, then glare at Jayden and go back to sleep.  Karma's a biotch because then this happened.
And Royal and I had a nice quiet hour ride up to Olympia! 

Chapter 2 : The Campsite
 We got off the exit and I gently woke the kids up and said we would be there in just a couple minutes.  Jayden then proceeded to slap himself in the face "a million times!" to wake himself up.  We pulled into Regal Park and we got our own escort up to the campsite.
The cousin reunion was so sweet.  Hugging and hug jumping.
And we are parked back in my favorite park of all time!
Great green views from my windows.
And my sister as my neighbor for the next few weeks.
And sleepovers in the trailer every night!
It's gonna be a great summer!!!


Chapter 3 : Bugs
1900 miles in 4 days.  I am so over that!  But check out our bug collection.  :)
I need Papa to come over with his truck and trailer washing brushes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa can show the boys how to get scrubbing.
Royal

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAA your here. Even though I can't see you, I can feel the vibes!!! Love you all hope to see you soon but I have a very nasty cold right now and none of you need me to share that. The Great Marshmellow