I love living with my sister. I think it would be easier if we had houses right next to each other, so we each had our own space and food and messes and kitchens and washing machines and could easily separate kids who weren't getting along. But at this point in our lives, that's just not happening, so we settle for a couple crazy weeks every year and try and cram in as much time together as possible.
I created a clothesline inside the trailer, out of Sam's outdoor leash, for drying some of our laundry. Poor Sam had to be stuck indoors for awhile until our clothes dried. :)
Headlamps make the BEST book lights. No book light falling out of the book while trying to read and you just have to turn your head to have a light on your pile of books to choose from. It's awesome. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!
The 3 big boys have been pretty much perfecting their ninja moves the entire time we've been here. They've climbed trees and waited stealthily for us to walk by to see if we notice them, they hide in tall grass spying on us, they practice their ninja rolls and jumps and kicks on the trampoline and down hills, they find sticks in the woods and fashion them into weapons - katanas, wooden knives, throwing stars, boomerangs. Basically, if we are attacked, we have a whole arsenal to protect ourselves with, not to mention our own ninja fighters!
Some days Kaylee and I hit the jackpot and we manage to wear the kids out enough, that not only the 2 littlest falls asleep, but all 6 of the kids are asleep at the same time. I've never had such a quiet car ride with a huge bus full of kids! It was fantastic and I never expect it to happen again....
Pacific Northwest summers are gosh darn rainy. But kind of a balmy rainy and sometimes you just can't let the rain stop you from being outside. Jumping on the trampoline in the rain is lots of fun too!
Baths are funner with cousins! Until the baby drops a pooper in the water....
Kaylee's kitchen window has the sun shining directly in it just as you are trying to wash up dinner dishes. You pretty much have to wear shades if you want to see anything.








2 comments:
What a great guest post! You are so fortunate to have each other's love and affection. And.. I think the cousins will grow up to be close also. I know they will never forget the fun days altogether in the rain.
Blessings,
Looks like I better get there and get some dishes done.
Royal
Post a Comment