Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Poor Royal is all alone on Father's Day today.  He drove us out to Washington and now is back in Kansas working hard so that the kids and I can take awesome vacations like this one! 

Buying presents for Royal is impossible.  He will say things like, "Well I guess I need new socks."  or "Well, I guess I could use new running shoes." or most of the time, "I don't need or want anything, so how about you get me nothing???"  So. Frustrating.  It's not that Royal needs a gift, it's that I want the kids to know that we make a big deal about other people.  That not everyday revolves around them.  That there are special days for the other people in our family and that we try and make them feel special and important and make a big deal about them being in our lives.  So, since there was nothing Royal wanted or that I could think of that he might want, the kids and I did a special project together before we left for Washington and created a book for Royal!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ROYAL!!!

2 comments:

Molly said...

That's awesome. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I truly appreciated the book, I will always appreciate the book and the folks who put it together.
Royal