Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Wandering Goose :: vol 18 :: Driftwood RV Park

Day 3 of KS-2-WA 2013

Chapter 1 : The Drive
Holy smokes am I tired of driving!!!!  Even when not moving, I feel like I'm moving and I have to keep looking out the trailer windows to make sure we aren't rolling away.  There was not much action today during the drive.  We managed to stay on the interstate the whole time, no scenic routes for us today!  We even managed to coincide bathroom breaks / food breaks with fueling up.  I mean today, we operated pretty much like a well oiled machine.  Well other than the fact that Sam the dog chewed through the cable that hooks the 2 DVD screens together, and there was an impromptu stop to a Wal-Mart (it was right next to the gas station!) to try and find a solution and while we couldn't find the cables that would work, we found a headphone splitter, so they could both listen off of the same DVD screen.  Only Sam liked that cable too, but we managed to stop him before he chewed through it, so we strapped the one and only now working DVD player up to the center console and flipped it up and Royal and I got to listen to Puss in Boots and Madagascar 2 and Tom and Jerry and Pokemon.  Better than whining, complaining children I suppose.  Although we got our share of that too.  The kids are both pretty done with driving too.  We did manage to talk them into driving a bit farther today though.  Our original destination was La Grande, OR.  Then we talked them into going a bit further to Pendelton, OR.  Then at the last minute, or really last hour, we talked them into driving all the way to Boardman, OR.  We kept saying, "Every hour further we drive today is one less hour we have to drive tomorrow!"  I obviously kept saying it a lot because Jayden finally retorts with "I KNOW!  I just can't be in the truck anymore!!!!"  Ok fine.  We'll stop.  :)  We've traveled over 1500 miles so far!
And it was fun to watch the hills turn from this :
To this :

Chapter 2 : The Campground
The campground is actually really great!  We are staying at Driftwood RV Park and Resort in Boardman, OR.  The sites are big with full hookups and big trees around for shade.
 The park bathrooms are really clean and they have a huge clubhouse with an indoor pool and hottub.  Guess where we tired the kids out tonight???
We started timing Jayden's laps and he got his butterfly down from 35 seconds to 27 seconds.  Anything to get these kids tired!
Here is Jayden doing his IM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more great day in the books.
Royal