The weather here for the past couple of days has been so great! I guess that tornado on Saturday blew in some nice calm weather! (fyi, that tornado ended up only being a couple miles away from our house, which if it had been during daylight hours, we totally could of seen it! And you know I would of ran outside to get a picture of it just to put on our blog. Because those are the things I am going to WANT to remember!!!! but don't worry, I was in the basement with the kiddos glued to the weather man trying to find out how bad it was gonna get!)
But anyway, back to today. Jayden wanted to walk home from school, so Willow and Sam and I walked to his school to meet him. I brought the stroller for Willow to ride in, but on the way home Jayden kept complaining of his feet hurting, so he decided to ride in it himself. Uhhhhhhh, he's a little big now, he's feet practically drag on the ground....
Then Jayden decided he wanted to walk Sam, and then that made Willow want to walk with Jayden too.
And. Oh. My. Gosh. The walk home took For. Ever! Jayden, my little environmentalist got really concerned about all the litter (or as he calls it, 'glitter', he won't listen to me about how glitter is pretty and litter is not, he keeps telling me I'm wrong, it's called, 'glitter', so for now, 'glitter' it is!) that was on the side of the road, so he started picking it up and putting it in the basket under the stroller. Eventually we found a plastic bag on ground and he started filling that up too.
When I was trying to hurry him along, "Oh just leave that there! For goodness sake, I want to get home already! You've picked up enough, lets just walk faster!" Jayden says, "Mom, God would not be happy about all these people glittering on the side of the road and ruining his earth. He's gonna be glad that I picked it up for them" And then I was quiet.....



3 comments:
I have to say that pop cans can glitter in the sun!! He is such a good kid. I wish I were coming with Nana to see you all but I think I am terrified of tornadoes!! I love the picture of the kids and the dog walking. So cute! Love you all and please be safe, The Great Marshmellow.
I am hoping that Jayden becomes an Environmental Lawyer because I need him to save my rivers and they fish that swim in them.
Royal
hahaha. Jayden is the best. :)
Post a Comment