Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Things

We dyed some Easter eggs on Friday (notice Willow's hair...it's pre-haircut!)  :)
Not that we ended up hiding any of these eggs, we had more than enough plastic eggs to go around, so they pretty much are for making deviled eggs for Jayden.  :)

After church today, we had a whole grip-load of people come over for some BBQ'd salmon and whatever else food people brought.  It was a lot of fun and my house is not nearly big enough to house that many people, but we made it work.  Thank goodness it was sunny outside, so we could spread out in the backyard as well!  :)  The kids did a quick Easter egg hunt and I'm pretty sure we have more candy now than we did at Halloween. :)
One of the families who came over were our friends Corie and Brandon.  They just had a sweet new baby girl named Annabelle, 5 days ago.  I was so happy Corie decided to brave leaving the house with a newborn into a house full of people.  Turns out I wasn't as happy as Willow.  She LOVED Annabelle and begged to hold her.  Once she did, she was very protective and wouldn't let anybody else touch her.  I was a little surprised with how much Willow loved Annabelle, because Willow does not play with dolls, or play house, or play babies/mom much at all.  She's more concerned with riding her trikes/bikes/scooters and playing on swings with her best friend Emery down the street.  But it was so sweet to see.  And she keeps telling people that she's getting a baby sister, which leads people to ask me if I have something to tell them......I do not.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a good party, my wife knows how to throw them.
Royal