Saturday, April 7, 2012

First Hair Cutting

Notice, I said hair cutting, not hair cut!  Where is Grandma Norma when I need her????

Now, I knew this day was coming.  Everyone always talks about how eventually kids will cut their own hair.  And I totally assumed Willow would find a pair of scissors and take them to her hair, she has always had an opinion about everything, why not her hair?  I just never though it would be Jayden who cut her hair.  He's usually such a rule follower.  But, I walked outside to find Jayden and Willow behind Royal's truck with a pair of red scissors and Jayden snipping something off the top.  And when I come up and said, "What in the world do you think you are doing?"  Jayden says, "I'm giving Willow a haircut!"  I say, "That's not okay!"  To which he says, "Well, I didn't know that"  And I ask, "Then why are you hiding while doing it??"  Jayden : "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"  That's what I thought!

Willow is now the proud owner of some crooked bangs.  I am so thankful Jayden didn't cut them down to tiny spikes.  And with her crazy hair-do today, I actually don't think they look half bad, I kinda like them, but I didn't by any means tell Jayden that.  I had to pretend I was mad at him so he would hopefully never do that again because who knows what the next time's results would be.
And when I told Willow I was going to have to take a picture of them,  Jayden comes right up behind and says, "You're taking a picture?  Don't they look good? Don't you like them?  I think they look so good!"  and Willow says, "I have such beautiful hair!"
Maybe Grandma Norma can give Jayden a few tips and he can be our official hair cutter in between Grandma Norma visits,  and I can finally give up trying!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kid has skills. Just like his Grandma.
Royal

Mom said...

Jayden is following in grandma lovingfoss's footsteps! Way to go Jayden :). I think willow is pretty darn cute with bangs...she would have looked cute if they were spiked too! Hugs to both of them. Way to keep your cool mom....kids will be kids! And hair always grows back! Tell jayden to let his grow out again and then he can give himself a haircut!

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh out loud on this one! Pretty sure Wilow could rock any hairdo but I am surely impressed by Jaydos skills :)