Friday, April 20, 2012

The Wandering Goose :: vol 1 :: The Wandering Begins!

Today, we finally bought our travel trailer!  It only took me 3 years of hard, hard work of convincing Royal that this is going to be So. Much. Fun!  And I'm not sure he's convinced, but he's at least sick of me talking about it and showing him pictures and talking about it some more!  :)

I really wanted to name our trailer Hazel, because that is what my Papa Jim named his trailer and I always remember riding in his big blue truck on the way to the ocean to go camping and him always talking about the "Hazel Suckers" a.k.a Semi-trucks.  But Royal was not keen on the name, so we had to come up with something else.  Because a trailer HAS to be named!  (at least I think so...:) )  And we ended up settling on Goose.  Goose is what Royal and his family always called his Grandma Mary.  Grandma Mary bought Royal lots of savings bonds while he was growing up that are just starting to come due, and we used some of his savings bonds to help pay for the trailer, so in part Grandma Mary helped fund my trailer dreams and I'm just sure she would have wanted to go camping with us!  At least she would've had somewhere warm to come and sit while we dug her limit of clams at the beach!  :)

The kids are really excited, they already have picked out their beds and also spent a couple hours in it this afternoon watching a movie.  And then we ate dinner out there.  You have to do some dry runs before you head out on the road!  :)

Where Royal and I will sleep!
Where the kids (and potentially cousins/friends!) will sleep!
We aren't quite sure yet where our first camping trip will be, but it should be within the next few weeks.  And you can bet I'll be posting pictures for sure!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is done now, so here we go.
Royal

Kaylee said...

TOTALY AWESOME!!!!!

Mom said...

There will be memories and stories and really funny videos (if you let your kids have control of the camera) and more important there will be bonding and family building in a way that can't happen anywhere else but in a very small space in the middle of the woods by a river or near a lake or beside a very noisy freeway, in the rain or snow or scorching heat! Let the adventures begin! I am really excited for your family and all the fun you will have.