Now on Wednesdays, during the summer, the kids and I get to go workout at the zoo. Perfect, since we pretty much live at the zoo anyway, right???
Guess who had a grumpy kid for awhile this morning????
After our workout class we visited the Australia and South America exhibits. One of my favorite in the summer because of all the birds flying around. The kids were on the hunt for not just the regular ole black panther that lives in there, they were looking for the pink panther....and an ant eater. Sadly the giant ant eater wasn't out today, or was hiding where we couldn't see it, and I never caught a glimpse on the pink panther...although we did see a spotted jaguar. And lots of pretty birds. Kinda makes me want to get one. But then I remember how LOUD my parent's birds were and the mess they made all over the floor, so I guess I'll just go to the zoo a lot. :)
Jaydo cheered up at the end of our visit, when he got to talking to a zoo lady about extinction. She was trying to share about how these really neat donkeys were endangered and that the zoo was trying to save them, and Jayden then shared how there were no people around to save the dinosaurs, so they are now extinct. Anytime you talk about dinosaurs, Jayden is bound to cheer up. He says to me all the time, 'I bet you didn't know that I know so much about dinosaurs'.
And Willow, well, Willow pretty much works out wherever we go now. I guess she really didn't have much of a choice, since I was working out the entire time I was pregnant (ran 5 sets of stairs the day I had her), and then almost every day of her life, she's been plunked down in a stroller in the morning and has watched me workout. So, now whenever she finds a bench or some stairs, she does dips...
...and push ups...
...and will do squats and lunges and step ups. The best part is when she orders me to do something and starts yelling, "Go Mom! Now! 1! 2! 3! 4! No Stopping! 5!..."







2 comments:
My little lady is going to be a beast, she is already working out at age 2. Watch out sporting world.
Royal
hilarious!
Post a Comment