Today was my 33rd birthday, and as birthdays go, when you are a mom, they are pretty much just like any other day, with a few extras thrown in. :) Here are a few highlights
- Royal got me an iPad2! I'm a total gadget lover, and Royal is exactly the opposite. Jayden can run my iPod, the DVD player, the Wii, etc... better than Royal can. So, the fact that he got me something that he's going to hate me having is big!
- Today I told Jayden that since it was my birthday, he had to do everything I asked and couldn't tell me no once today. He looked at me funny and then said, 'You're just kidding, right mom?' Then when he and Willow made a big ole mess with their lunch and then with their experiment to see if they could use appetizer knives to cut up crayons, and I told him someone was going to have to clean that up and it wasn't going to be me, I found him doing this :

NICE!
- During Willow's swimming lessons, the past couple of days Jayden has wanted to run with me around the track. Yesterday and today, he has ended up running a whole mile! Today though was extra special, I'd just jog along at a pace he could keep up with, and Jayden would run like kids do: fast-slow-fast-slow-etc, and each time he'd come up to pass me, he'd swat me on the rear and say, 'See ya later, old lady!!!'
- Jayden told a couple complete strangers today, "Hey you! My mom is turning 12 today!!!"
- We are working on potty training Willow and she made it the whole day in undies with no accidents! This included a work out in the stroller at the zoo and swimming lessons (although she may have pee'd in the pool and I'd never know, but she told me she didn't!) Well, the whole day, until dinner, at a restaurant, where I was hesitant to let the kids get lemonade because juice makes Willow have to pee in like 5 seconds, but since it was my birthday, I let them have lemonade instead of water, just sure Willow would let me know when she had to go, just like she has been the past couple of days. And after she had her lemonade for like 5 minutes, I got a, "Mom, I go potty" and then as I stood up to grab her and take her to the bathroom, she pee'd. All over the floor. Nice.
- When we were trying to find candles for my birthday cake, Jayden found some old Cars birthday hats and insisted we wear those while eating cake.
- Jayden also insisted that after I dish everyone up, I had to take the first bite and as the food entered my mouth, he shouted loudly, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!' and then when nobody else yelled with him, I had to redo it, so Royal and Willow could join in too.
- And probably my most favorite thing was all the birthday hugs I got from Jayden and Willow through out the day, as well as, the impromptu Happy Birthday being sung at random times, one time Willow saying "dear Mommy Royal" and then cracking up because she called me Royal.
5 comments:
LOVE IT! sounds like you had one of the happiest of birthdays!!! wish i was there!
I was here for the birthday, it was good.
Royal
Sweet memories!!!!!I am so glad you had a very Happy Birthday. Love from The Great Marshmellow.
awww, such a good bday story! Love it all, and I am EXTREMELY jealous of your ipad2!!
hope you had a good birthday... dear mommy royal. :)
Post a Comment