We have a little basketball hoop and some basketballs for the kids to play with outside. Last summer, when Jayden started wanting to play with Royal, he would just kinda do what he wanted, throw the ball around, but refused to listen to anything Royal had to say about playing/shooting/stealing/dribbling. Royal is a really good basketball player and with Royal if you want to play, you just do it or practice it the right way. Well, Jayden wasn't having any of that and continued to just throw the ball up however he wanted.
Tonight, the weather was warm and I pulled the basketball hoop out of the garage for the kids to play with. Jayden started shooting the ball with one hand, just like how Royal had been trying to show him last summer and he wouldn't have anything to do with.
Me : Nice shooting, Jayden! Did Dad show you how to do that?
Jayden : Nope
Me : Well, who taught you then?
Jayden : I did!
Me : You did? Awesome!
Jayden : Yea! I taught myself on the Wii!
And I totally believe him, because he always makes his Mii left handed and Jayden is normally right handed. But tonight, he was shooting the basketball left handed, just like his Mii! :)

4 comments:
hilarious!
dang it! that was me. :)
i love that twinkly little face....
He had pretty good form, just needs to keep the elbow in and then we can start working on jumping towards the basket.
Royal
Post a Comment