Saturday, March 12, 2011

Outside!

Today's weather was so fantastic!  We spent the whole day outside!  We started off the day by going to the zoo (I know, shocking, but we seriously haven't been in like forever!)  Willow fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up when I took her out of the car, so she went down for a nap around 11:30.  We had lunch, Jayden begged to watch a movie, but I convinced him to help me clean out the cars instead.  He's such a good helper!  I just really didn't want to stay inside and I didn't want Jayden wasting hours in front of the tv, when it was so nice out.  So, he came out, helped me get the car ready for our road trip to Phoenix next week and then he helped Royal cut up some wood  and build another garden box for the back yard.


This one is for raspberry and blueberry bushes.  And once we get our tax refund, some of that money will go to buying more wood for one more garden box, because we are letting our wild and aggressive strawberries take over half of our original one and I've got more little plant starts growing in the window than I've got room for!



I'm sorry there are no pictures of Willow, but she didn't wake up until 4:00!  That is a 4.5 hour nap!  I couldn't believe it, guess she was tired!   But she woke up all perky - I'm pretty sure I would if I took that long of a nap.  And after some swinging, I made dinner and then we all walked/rode down to the park to play for awhile.  But now, the suns gone down and it's getting chilly, so I guess it's time to get the kiddos ready for bed.  I'm so thinking that Willow isn't really going to want to go to bed tonite....

But here is the finished garden box.  Now to kill the grass, add some dirt, and get some berry bushes! And in like 2 years, we'll have some berries to eat.  :)


3 comments:

mom aka nana said...

I love how much Jayden has always been part of the building, painting, planting projects you have done....that kid has already learned so many great painting and building and growing garden skills...you might just come home one day and he has built an addition on to your house! (i think i'll put the idea in his head!...and i'll move in!!! :) hugs to all of you....happy almost spring!

Kim said...

Great job, Jayden (and Royal), on the garden box! I also can't wait for the day when we are able to watch Jayden L. during March Maddness!

Anonymous said...

Little man has always been a great little helper, I am sure he will build something great one day.
Royal