Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rachel Repeat :: 3

Tonight after dinner, Royal and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking.  The kids were doing their usual wild thing right around us, which for the most part is no big deal.  Tonight, as we were talking, Jayden started putting these little wooden blocks down the back of my shirt.  Then he'd pull out the bottom of my shirt and they'd all come crashing to the floor.  He thought it was so hilarious, he started putting wooden blocks down the back and the front of my shirt to make me look really fat and lumpy.  Eventually his fun had to come to an end, as I was going to a workout class this evening.  So, I stand up and my shirt empties all of it's wooden blocks onto the floor, and I leave to go workout.

During the core work part of the class, I kept feeling like I was laying on something hard.  I reached back, well as best as I could between my shoulder blades to make sure there wasn't a wooden block stuck back there.  The wooden blocks weren't tiny, so I was sure that if it was something I couldn't reach, surely someone would of noticed and said, 'Um, you got something weird sticking out of your back' (or maybe not...)

So, I finish up my classes, come home, read a little Charlotte's Web to Jayden, tuck him into bed and then head into the bathroom to take a quick shower.  As I am stripping off my sports bra, I see out of the corner of my eye, a couple things fall to the floor and as I bend down to pick them up, I say,


"2 crayons!  I knew there was something in my shirt!"

So I now have 2 crayon shaped bruises forming on my back from where Jayden slipped some crayons into the back of my sports bra.  Awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god you poor girl.....flushing and crayon bruises all in the same week...rest up

Megan's Little Kansas Life said...

You are so funny! This brings new meaning to the term foam roll!

Anonymous said...

I sure do love our kids and you.
Royal