Monday, April 28, 2014

Jayden's Birthday

Jayden turned 8 on Thursday the 24th.  8!  So hard to believe sometimes, but then he comes and stands next to me and is almost the same height as I am and well, it becomes a little bit easier.


We started the morning off with birthday blueberry muffins!
And then got the kids off to school.
Later that afternoon, Brendan, Wyatt, Willow, my mom, and I all went to Jayden's classroom to deliver special birthday chocolate chip cookies and to watch him get sung to and bonked on the head with a mallet.  :)
Then we went outside for recess with his class and Willow ran into a friend of hers from church!
Wyatt said, "This is my first school recess ever!"
After school, we went home and discovered Royal had come home early, so Jayden got right to business in opening his presents!  We had a tight birthday schedule to keep, since it was our last full day with our visiting family and we had lots of activities still to do!
After presents were opened, it was right back down to the pond to catch more fish, which they did!
Then Jayden's requested birthday dinner of pizza!
After dinner, Jayden tried out his new rollerblades while the adults cleaned up dinner and got the next activity set up.
Which was painting the birdhouses we built the previous day!  I am going to hang them up on my fence!
Once we were done painting, we headed inside to some birthday cake.  Jayden still doesn't like regular cake, so we did an ice cream cake again this year.
Then we set up the basement for a sleepover (they had all previously been sleeping in Jayden's room, but this was way funner), and they got to do what they'd been begging for all week.  Stay up as late as they wanted and watch The Avengers.  Willow had her own little space, but once the movie was over she went and slept with Nana in her bed.  :)
I am pretty sure I am never going to be able to do another birthday for either kid that will every live up to this one - surprise cousins, activities up the wazoo, junk food galore, but it was all totally worth it, especially when Jayden told me, "This is the best night of my life!!!"  Although Willow keeps saying for her birthday she wants to fly in Easton so they can go to Disney World together......

Happy 8th Birthday, buddy!  Dad and I love you so much!!!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I want a basement sleepover!!!

Love you!

Trunk Monkey

Mom/nana said...

Best birthday ever!!! Rachel you are nothing short of a super mom!

Anonymous said...

I certainly loved doing the fishing again, it was good the second day and the third.
Royal