Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

It was pretty darn fun to have some family here for Easter.  My mom always made such a big deal of the holidays - the house was decorated, tons of people came over, she made lots of food, it always felt so special.  Holidays as a family of 4 with no cousins, no grandparents, no aunts, no uncles, while fun are just not the same.  I try to make them special for my kids, but Royal really doesn't care that much about what I do, and well it's just not very fun to put on a big production for myself.  So, while I try and do fun and special things for the kids, and I really believe they enjoy it, which is really the point, I always feel like we (or maybe just me) are missing out.

We went to church that morning and celebrated with our church family the most important day of the entire year!  And then the kids walked/ran home with Royal.
They got home and out of their Easter clothes so fast these were the only pictures I had of them all dressed up and looking cute!
Willow yelling that the boys won't let her catch up.
Easter Egg Hunt!
Royal releasing them out into the backyard.
I found the boys here later that afternoon.





That afternoon we went to give my mom and the boys a tour of "Royal's" coliseum.  It has a full sized plane in it right now being tested which is really fun to see, plus all of Royal's other testing equipment.  The boys had lots of questions and Royal pretty much had all the answers including, "Yes, we do test plane crashes to see what will happen, we drop them from the ceiling.  No, we can't do that right now, it's a one-and-done kind of test."  Sadly, I can't post any pictures of the interesting stuff at the coliseum, proprietary information and all that.  You will just have to come visit for yourself and get a personal tour too.  :)  But I can post pictures from the workout center Royal had put in!
Then we came home and finished making Easter dinner.  Well, my mom did really.  I was starting to come down with a cold - of course I was, I signed up for a half marathon and it was 2 weeks away so my body automatically gets sick. :)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The day was delicious, spiritual, and fun, the best Easter ever.
Royal