Sunday, April 6, 2014

Diva Dash 5k

This weekend, Willow and I were signed up to run the Diva Dash 5k.  Willow couldn't decide if she wanted to run the 5k race or the Lil' Princess race, and in the end she chose the shorter race because her best friend, Emery, was doing the Lil Princess race and "if I run the big race then my legs will be too tired to run with Emery".

So, I ran my fastest 5K race ever with Tonya at 25:29, placing us 6th/7th in our age group.  I figure the longer I continue to run races the fewer and fewer people will be in my age bracket and eventually I will be top dog.  :)  We'll see how my theory pans out...
I'm turning into my dad...."hello friends!"
Turns out the kids pretty much just ran around the entire time I was running.  They'll be doing the 5k in the next race.  :)
Me right after the race with Willow's best friend Emery, waiting for Emery's mom to cross the finish line, and I'm not sure what exactly Willow is doing.
I love these two girls together and am so sad Emery and her family are moving in just 6 weeks...:(
We had a little bit of time to kill before the girl's Lil' Princess race started, so we just took silly pictures and ran some more around the field.  :)
Willow is one of the happiest kids I know, except when she's whiny and cranky....
Starting Line for the 5-6 year old Lil' Princess Dash

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Great pics! (do I say that every time?) That one of you waving to the camera made me laugh so hard! hahaha, Dad, hilarious.

Anonymous said...

It was a good morning, and then I had to clean the house, which took a long time, but it felt good to get it done. And Rachel was flying fast.
Royal