Friday, November 22, 2013

Willow's 5th Birthday


On Wednesday, Willow turned 5!  My mom, who Willow shares a birthday with, is also in town so we got to celebrate with her too. 

Willow woke up early and we had chocolate chip waffles and she opened her presents before we left for school.  Royal's parents were flying out that afternoon, so we opened presents that morning so they could be a part of it too.  After her loot of dolls and dress up stuff and doll house furniture, she headed off to school with some special birthday cookies.  She was so excited to turn 5, and everybody we saw whether we knew them or not she could declare, "Guess what?  I'm 5 now!"

That evening we had her birthday dinner of chicken nuggets and carrots (the adults had homemade chicken noodle soup), then for her birthday cake since she doesn't like cake or cupcakes, I made her a brownie cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.  For my mom, I had Norma make an extra pumpkin pie!
Happy 5th Birthday, Willow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always fun to celebrate birthdays, especially big ones like number 5.
Royal