Royal loves It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. He forces the kids to watch it over and over and over all during the month of October. They complain and say they don't like it, but since they are constantly quoting it to each other, I'm gonna chalk it up to they are just complaining because their dad is making them do something. Royal said he was going to make them watch it one more time before they went out trick or treating, but while we were at the book store earlier in the day I saw the book of The Great Pumpkin and I thought maybe we could mix it up a bit. :)
Of course, by this time, their friends were coming to the door and they just couldn't sit still and wait any longer, so Royal pretty much read the first couple pages and then the last one and then released them to go get candy.The kids managed to get so much candy this year that Jayden declared it "The Best Halloween EVER!!!" Now to pick out a few of their favorites and get rid of the rest. My mom always let me keep all of my candy and I'm pretty sure she was crazy. Dealing with crazy, sugar high kids. Maybe that's why she sent me outside all the time. You know what I see in all of their pumpkin buckets? A battle. Individually wrapped, tiny, chocolate pieces of battles. "Can I have candy before breakfast? Can I have candy now? How about now? I know! Let's skip lunch and just eat candy!" So, instead of doling out candy from now until Valentine's day, we let them keep some of their favorites and we send the rest to work with Royal. Then I only have crazy sugar high kids for a few days instead of months. :) And it lets me say 'Yes' a bit more because I know there isn't an endless supply of candy they are going to be sticking their faces in. :)





1 comment:
It was a great Halloween, I am sad that we have to wait another whole year to celebrate it again.
Royal
Post a Comment