Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jayden's Fish

When Royal's parents were in town, Jayden and Grandpa Fireball headed down to the pond to do a little fishing.  Apparently Jayden found the hot lure, because he's been catching fish like crazy ever since.  Fireball and Royal keep telling him it's too cold and don't expect the fish to bite, but Jayden drags them down to the pond and 15 or so minutes later someone is running back to the house for me to come and take a picture.  You'd think by now, they'd take the camera with them! :)
Jayden managed to get the lure stuck in some grass and then broke his line trying to pull it out.  Me, being the ignorant fisher-person that I am just said, "Oh just grab a different lure  Royal has a bazillion of them in his tackle box"  I might as well of asked them to start spearing the fish with crude sticks.  Fireball put on a pair of Royal's boots and grabbed a rake, and went into the pond after the lure, there was even talk of putting on chest waders to go after it if the rake didn't work.  Apparently when there is a hot lure, not even an identical replacement will do.  :)
Jayden has now declared he no longer wants to use Royal's poles (I mean Royal only has like 50 of them...ok that's an exaggeration...47...we totally need another one!), and that he needs his own fishing pole and his own tackle box full of all his own fishing equipment.  I'm pretty sure the only words that would of made Royal happier was to hear that Jayden was going to school at the University of Washington.  :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off he will go to the University of Washington and secondly, I am seriously loving the fact that he wants his own fishing gear. The tradition will continue.
Royal