Both of the kids are still doing really great in swimming. I forgot to post this last month, but both kids moved up a level. Jayden went from level 4b to level 5, and Willow went from level 3 up to 4a.
The swim club has been going through some management changes and we have been trying to ride out the storm because with the director of the swim club leaving, so left some of my very favorite teachers that have been working with Jayden and Willow since the beginning. And the teachers that they brought in to fill some of the gaps just were not good. I try not to be too critical, because for goodness sakes my kids are young and it's not like I'm training up Olympic athletes, and if they are having fun, then I can be okay with that. But I do have a problem when I'm paying you to teach my kids to swim and you sit on the side of the pool and gossip with a fellow teacher the entire lesson and not actually get in the water, and then have my son swim a 50 breaststroke and then tell him what he did wrong after he got back instead of stopping him in the middle and fixing it. But this past session, both Jayden and Willow were in the same class because of teacher shortages, but their teacher was awesome! She also happen to have her son shadowing her so he could start teaching swim lessons as well, so the last 2 weeks of the session, he took Jayden aside and started working on more advanced skills for him. Both Jayden and Willow have talked more about swimming this past month than they have in a long time. Good teachers make such a difference!
Willow and Jayden both use snorkels for part of their lessons, I guess it helps with body positioning, but they look so darn funny in the things!
Here is Willow working on her racing dives.
One of the last things they are trying to work with Jayden on is his 100 IM (25 butterfly, 25 backstroke, 25 breaststroke, 25 freestyle), and once he has that mastered, he can try out for the swim teams if he wants.
His teacher is actually the current state champion in butterfly, so Jayden is pretty sure he's going to be the one to teach him how to be fast enough to beat his Uncle Jordan in the pool at it.








4 comments:
Sweet!! They really are little swimming fish!
I hope I get to see them swimming this summer!! Floating fun with the Great Marshmellow!!
Bring it on Jaydo.. bring it on..
They are little swimming machines. And by the time Jayden is 10, Joedo won't stand a chance.
Royal
Post a Comment