Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bench Games

This semester, Royal is working and going to school A. Lot.  He isn't home until 7 on two days of the week, and then he has class for 4-6 hours on Saturday.  The kids are missing him something fierce.  So am I, as I can't and don't wrestle like he does, and they get bored really easily especially when I'm cooking dinner.  For me, tv just isn't an option every day of the week.  There are definitely some days when I need a break and they watch a movie while I'm cooking dinner, but I've found tv makes for cranky and bored and non-creative kids who whine and complain more than usual.

One day last week, while they were sitting in the kitchen area on the window bench, asking for the millionth time if Royal was going to be home soon, I suggested they pull some of the puzzles out of the bench cupboards and put one together.  (and I asked if I could take their picture because they were sitting so nicely next to each other.  this is what they gave me....)
So, they pulled the puzzles out.  But they didn't put any together, they came up with a better game.  Let's see if we can squeeze Willow in one of these cupboards.
And even with a pillow, she still managed to fit in it!
Jayden took the bigger side so he could stretch out.
And then Willow wanted to be in Jayden's cupboard, so since he couldn't really fight her off, she crawled through the door by his feet, up his legs, and then laid her head on his stomach.
And they waited in there for almost a half an hour, waiting for Royal to come home so they could hide from him.  Sadly, it was a day that Royal was in class until late, and they had to come out to eat dinner, but they now have a really great new place to hide when they play hide and seek with Royal!


4 comments:

Kaylee said...

that is cute. can't believe they didn't think of it before now!

Anonymous said...

That is one tough place to hide, and even tougher to find. Of course I know to look there now.
Royal

leslee aka mom aka nana said...

oh my gosh those kids are so cute!
i just love 'em to pieces :)

Anonymous said...

I just love the way kids can make a game out of anything. They are just so cute!!!! One day soon I will be coming to hug you all.. The Great Marshmellow