Sunday, October 24, 2010

Slaughtering Pumpkins

Last night we finally got to the business that Jayden has been wanting to do since he picked out his pumpkins and rode the wagon ride back from the patch and said, "Hey Mom, when we get home can I slaughter my pumpkin?"  And I stared at him like, "I'm sorry, but what????"



Willow all ready to scoop out some guts



But she got bored fast and spent most of the time doing this :



Royal, the master cleaner and carver.  He did like 4 pumpkins in the time it took me to finish one.  I'm a little OCD about getting ALL of the guts and strings out.



The finished pumpkins!



We thought the one on the top left looked a little like the Night Fury from How to Train Your Dragon.  So, I cut out some wings, a couple ears, and a couple horns, and we taped it to the pumpkin.  And then my laughing pumpkin on the bottom step used to have 2 teeth, but then Jayden punched it in the mouth and knocked one of them out and severely shortened the other one.  Guess he thought it was laughing at him??? :)

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

there’s so many things to laugh about in this one. where to start?…
slaughtering pumpkins. priceless!
willow putting on make-up…i mean markers!
royal posed with the knife..going in for the kill.
7 pumpkins? what in the world??
and finishing it off with jayden punching a pumpkin in the face.
that is pretty funny. :)

Amy said...

I can’t stop laughing!!! Now I want to run around punching pumpkins in the face - I thinks that’s even better than smashing the whole thing in the street!

Royal said...

I am glad that Jayden took his aggresion out on the pumpkins, better the pumpkin than his sister.

Marshmellow said...

I have to agree that punching pumpkins sounds like a great idea. I must be feeling a lot of aggression at this moment (I don’t know why!!!), but I am sure if there was a pumpkin on my desk right now I would punch it. Just thinking about it makes me feel better already!!