Saturday, October 2, 2010

Parade Time

While I might be missing Oysterfest back in Washington, this weekend here is Greater Andover Days.  So, we met up with our small group this morning and headed over to the parade.  Sadly, Jayden's best buddy Lainie and her family couldn't make it to the parade, and he was quite upset about it.  It was a chilly morning and we got out of the car and got him bundled up, but he was upset that Lainie wasn't going to be there and kept saying, "I'm too cold, I just want to go home.  I'm freezing.  It's too cold.  Let's go"  So, I wrapped him up in a fleece blanket and he flung it off and said, "I'm too cold.  It's just too cold out here."  Then all the sudden, 2 people on 2 horses come riding through the parking lot, right by our car where we were grabbing our blankets and chairs.

Jayden : What are those doing here?

Me : Those horses are in the parade.

Jayden :  They are?  Are they the only ones?

Me : No. I bet there are a bunch of horses that are going to be in the parade.

Jayden : I'm warm enough.

And then he runs off to stand by the side of the road.....

While the horses were a hit, it's was all the candy getting thrown at the kids that they were most excited about.  My kids were jumping up and down and yelling, "Candy!  Caaaanndy!!!!  Yes!!!  Caaaaaandy!!!!!"  And now I have a bag full of candy to hide somewhere.  We have so much I might not have to buy any candy to hand out on Halloween!  :)






Jayden loved the marching bands.  He couldn't help but start dancing around.  It. was. awesome.


2 comments:

Kay-Kay said...

Fun! I was missing Oyster Fest, too, but I didn’t have a fun parade to go to. Lucky you guys!

Royal said...

Our kids are awesome, and so is our small group