Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apple Picking

Ok, so I know we are totally late in the season to be doing this, but we have been so busy every weekend, we never found the time to squeeze it in.  Well, I called up to Regier Farm and Orchard today to see if they had any apples left and they said they were about out, so I called Royal and told him we needed applesauce and apple crisps for the winter and that if he could swing it, we were going this afternoon.  Jayden has been really excited about going to pick apples for awhile.  I'm not sure why, we've never done it before, but he told me it's what you do in the fall, and well, it's fall, so I guess we should go pick apples.

So, Royal picked Jayden up from school and then came home and picked up me and Willow and we drove up to the orchard.  We picked about 70 pounds of Winesap and Granny Smiths and the kids had a great time.  Willow walked around eating a Winesap the whole time and picked apples off the ground and Jayden helped pick all the low hangers and decided he liked the Granny Smiths the best.















3 comments:

Kaylee said...

nice. looks like it was a perfect day!

Royal said...

It was a great time, I am glad that we found the time to do it.

mom aka nana said...

that jayden is one smart little kid! i’m thinking it’s in his blood to be a “hunter-gatherer” and by osmosis he knows it’s apple picking time….if he was here he’d be hunting chantrelles with me! awesome cute pictures of that little willowkins….her hair is getting so long and she is just getting cuter and cuter….can’t wait to see you guys