Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Even after all these years here, Thanksgiving is the holiday I really struggle to make it what I envision.  I always grew up with Thanksgiving being a constant chaos of lots of loud people and lots of food and Chex Mix that was devoured for breakfast which resulted in all of us begging mom to make another batch for the rest of the day - because obviously she didn't have enough other food to cook anyway....

Thanksgiving is so quiet here, especially now that our friends, the Marten's family, has moved away.  They were just like us, with no family near by, and we've managed to spend the last 4 Thanksgivings together, and they add a lot of fun and help make the holiday different from every other day.

My mom was here this year and we tried really hard to make the day special.  Jayden was still feeling a little under the weather, but we had puzzles and games and Christmas art projects and lots of food!

Started the Christmas puzzle
At the game table we played lots of Tenzi (a new game this year, but super fun!), Uno, and Ticket to Ride.
Games are exhausting, time for a movie break.
And I torture Sam with Chex Mis...

Lunch snacks before dinner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My second favorite holiday was perfect, good people, good food, lots of laughs.
Royal