Sunday, February 23, 2014

Willow's World

Willow lives a lot of her life in her own little world.  We get over 3 hours together in the afternoon, just her and I, while we wait for Jayden to come home from school.  We eat lunch together and talk about her morning - half the time she makes up stories about what has actually gone on, which is why I wasn't sure she was completely serious when she told me someone had puked at school and it landed on her shoe...turns out that was a true story.  Then after lunch if she doesn't ask to watch a show, she will disappear into her bedroom and when I knock on the door to check on her, I am promptly told to please go away and don't listen to her.  Thankfully she is really loud, so even with her door closed I can usually make out what is happening with her dolls or made up sisters (Lemon [older sister and very naughty] and China [she plays lots of different parts]) or Sam.  Poor, poor Sam.  This is proof that Willow really needs a little sister.
Willow also loves gum.  Loves it.  She spits a piece out and goes and gets another piece.  I have to hide the extra packs of gum because the more she thinks we have, the faster she will go through it.  We sadly had our first gum TOTALLY stuck in the hair episode.  She was outside playing on a very windy day and somehow managed to get her gum stuck in her pony tail and the more she tried to get the gum out, the more it stuck.
Peanut butter really DOES work!  Slathered some peanut butter on it, worked it into the gum and hair and was able to slide her hair right out of it.  We then rinsed her hair in the sink and pulled it up into a tighter nest/bun like thingy on her head and she went outside to play without gum.  I figured we'd get her hair washed that night before bed.  Well that didn't happen, we were out and about and got home late and put the kids right to bed, so the next morning for Willow's basketball game I had to get a little more creative with her dirty, peanut buttery, gummy, hair.
Saturday was Willow's last basketball game.  I think she has had fun.  I think.  I can't really get out of her what she thought of the whole thing, other than her saying, "They just need to pass me the ball more."  Which is pretty hilarious because the majority of the game she's off in her own little world, and during this last game someone tried to pass her the ball and it bounced right off her chest because she was off staring at something else.  :)

During the warm up, she was just standing there holding the ball, so Royal and I start yelling at her, "Go shoot the ball Willow!  Go shoot!"  Instead of her snapping to and dribbling off to the basket, I got this :
I couldn't really hear her, but there was obviously some injustice happening.  Eventually she got over it and made her shot.
Willow and her best friend's last game together.
During the game, Willow is pretty hilarious.  This last game, she was running like a super hero with her arms out behind her like a cape, she was skipping while running between ends,
and while waiting for a rebound or something, she'd be jumping up touching the net.
She takes her game real serious.  Real serious.  Although she did make one basket!
Step 1 - Shooting : 
 Step 2 - Going in! :
Step 3 - Celebrating! :
It was a good game and a good season and it's just so much funner with your best friend on the team - although the coach did learn to not put Willow and Emery in the game together, it helped them focus a bit more.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little ladies were great together, and watching that age play b-ball is so funny, three-quarters of the time only on-quarter of the players know what is happening.
Royal