Sunday, February 23, 2014

Jayden and Basketball

Jayden's last basketball game was this weekend.  I have loved, LOVED watching him.  It was his first year playing on a basketball team and every week, I have watched him gain more confidence and be more involved.  We watched him start out as a pretty timid player and then develop into a much more aggressive player who even managed to get a few floor burns along the way from diving after balls.  It has been really fun to watch him play a sport that he seems to really like.  

Jayden, my sweet, somewhat timid child, who oftentimes folds under pressure, has turned out to have inherited some of his parent's competitiveness.  Royal and I weren't sure he had it in him, but he has stated that he really does NOT like losing and he has been willing to do extra practices with Royal and he even went to a Shooting Clinic put on by Next Level Hoops Academy in order to help him get better.

Royal has him practice dribbling with both hands and while doing so Jayden has to call out the number of fingers Royal is holding up to help Jayden learn to dribble with his eyes up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to watch even if the league he played in was not well developed, that is what I will call it. I am excited to see how he does in his next adventure.
Royal