Friday, December 7, 2012

Stocking Toppers

I've got some more knitting crossed off the Christmas list!  These have actually been done for awhile, it's just getting a moment when the kids aren't going to come barging in the door for me to take a picture and post them.

These are what I've created for the top of the kid's stockings.  My kids don't believe in Santa, (*gasp!* I know!) so it's no big thing for me to have obviously momma-made things in there.  There will be no crisis Christmas morning, or me having to make up some lies, "Oh, well, Santa asked me to put those in there for him, because he doesn't know how to knit!"

Jayden is getting a ninja.  He spotted the pattern for this ninja when we were out on the shop hop and has been asking for him every since.  I love how he turned out!


And for Willow I was going to create a different little monster out of the same book as the ninja, but then I ran across this pattern from DangerCrafts, and it was just too perfect to pass up.  Meet Daphne and baby Delilah Monster. (sorry for the bad lighting picture, but it is actually cloudy and overcast here today.  I love it!  But that means no natural light coming in my window and that means yellowy picture instead of white.  But I don't claim to be any sort of a photographer, so you can't hold me to anything, but even I can see a difference in the ninja and the monsters!  Anyway, moving on.....)
They were both suppose to have jagged teeth smiles, but Jayden saw me finish Daphne and said that Delilah needed a much more happy face.  Is this how they see me?  Angry teeth mom and happy kids???  Bleh, let's just not go there today!  :)  The great thing about Daphne and Delilah, is that Daphne has a Delilah shaped pocket for carrying her around, which is going to come in great handy when we fly to Washington because Delilah will probably get tired of walking everywhere.
18 days until Christmas!  I'm ready! (well, almost...back to my knitting)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Your knitting is a great reflection of you...cute, clever, funny, unique,...I love your knitting...I love you even more

Kaylee said...

love 'em. we need ninjas.

Anonymous said...

That Rachel is a special gal, knitting included.
Royal