Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Snow

It snowed last night!  Finally!  It was a bit of a pathetic showing, and in true Kansas form, it's blowing 40mph, so the snow is all piled up in drifts.  And it also rained before it snowed, so there is a nice solid sheet of ice on the roads, but all that didn't stop the kids from waking up and demanding I find all their snow clothes because they were going outside!  Poor Jayden, that kid is growing faster than I can keep up with.  He has been wearing an old pair of my boots to go apple picking and pumpkin patching in since he grew out of his old rain boots and snow boots, but this morning, with wool socks on, those boots were so tight they made him almost cry when he was walking.  So, in order for him to go out in the snow, I had to give up my awesome wool lined Kamik boots, since we now wear about the same sized shoes.  I almost cried.  But then I reminded myself he will probably grow out of them in about a month, hopefully that's a short enough time for him to NOT destroy them and I can wear them again next year.  :)
And it seems with the high winds, our basketball hoop has taken a turn for the worse.


2 comments:

Kaylee said...

The basketball hoop is just cracking me up!

Anonymous said...

It was and still is bitterly cold outside. Winter has arrived in Kansas.
Royal