Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jingle Jam

This weekend, our church put on a Jingle Jam Celebration.  It was the brain child of our Children's Pastor, so I really didn't know what to expect, but I had been sent home notes saying Jayden should come as a shepherd and Willow would be a gift, but that her costume would be provided at the church.  I had plans to make Jayden an awesome shepherd outfit, but then he told me he wasn't going to be in it anymore (I think this came around the time he was told he would be singing on stage and it probably freaked him out), so when he changed his mind again 2 days before Jingle Jam and said he wanted to be in it, we had to settle for a pillowcase, a headband, and a stick.  Besides shephers and presetns, other kids there were blizzards, angels, Cindy Lu Whos, and elves.  It was quite the combo. :)

Willow's outfit was awesome.  They cut a hole in the top and sides of a big sparkly gift bag and stuck it over her head.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of her, because I think she stripped herself of her gift bag before she made it from the kids room into the sanctuary, and then where she was sitting on the floor I couldn't see her anyway.  :(

Jayden on the other hand, I had great viewing of when he went up on stage.  I chose to sit in the very back in case someone tall wanted to sit in front of me (which always happens!), then I could stand on my chair and take pictures with my super zoom lens.  Looking through these pictures, I just don't know what the heck was going on up there on that stage.

Jingle Jam was actually quite hilarious, and it was one of those hilarious that you'd have to be there for, because me retelling the story would make you all just look at me sideways and say, "She thought that was funny???? I don't get it."  But the overall message was Jesus is coming!

And just for a taste of what when on I have a video of the 3 wise men.  Willow thought they were the most hilarious part and she is still laughing about them every time she talks about them.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Jayden's high note is hilarious. Belt it Jayden, belt it.

Anonymous said...

I think I would really like your church!! That is so funny!!! Can't wait to see you all. Love from The Great Marshmellow!!

Anonymous said...

Those two kids are hilarious.
Royal