Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Little Torpedoes

Jayden's hair is getting a bit out of control.  He still doesn't want to cut it (I can pull it into small ponytails all over his head), which is fine, but he's been having some trouble at swimming.  His goggles are pulling his hair.  So I suggested a few options for him:
1) do nothing and continue to let your hair be pulled when pulling on and adjusting your goggles during swim class training.
2) let me cut your hair.
3) put on a swim cap, and while there is a little hair pulling in the beginning getting it on, you won't have to deal with it for the rest of the class training session.

Of course being Jayden, he doesn't like my ideas, so he opts for option #1 for a couple weeks.  Until I find the magic weapon.  I was going through a box of stuff and ran across a silver swim cap that my brother Jordan gave to me when I was training for my first triathlon like 10 years ago.  Why do I still have it?  Because I happen to have a gene that forbids me from throwing things away because you never know, maybe someday I'll need it again.  And truthfully when I started training for triathlons again I actually searched for that swim cap, knowing I had it somewhere, but couldn't figure out where I'd stashed it 8 years earlier and packed and moved it from WA to KS, so I eventually went out and bought another.  Now, that Jayden had Uncle Jordan's swim cap, all the sudden it was a good idea to try it out in the pool and see if it helped with the hair pulling situation.  And by chance I happened to buy a silver swim cap last summer, so I had two and that meant no fighting over who could wear the swim cap and what color would be worn once Willow found out that Jayden was sporting an accessory at swimming.  Praise Jesus for small and what might seem like nonsense, but really made my day so much easier, miracles!

I couldn't stop laughing when they had them on.  I was so glad my iPad was tucked into my purse, so I could snap these pictures.  They looked so awesome!  My little torpedoes!  And I don't know if it was the swim caps or what, but they were flying through the water today, even their swim teacher  coach said something about it.
Jayden's even taken to wearing my goggles in the pool.  He had some trouble with his and declared mine were actual triathlon goggles so that is what he needed to wear.

5 comments:

nllm said...

Super cute and Super fast

Mom aka nana said...

I love those two little torpedoes! They are beyond cute...body, soul and spirit. I for one am so glad you let them make decisions about what they wear, what they do and how they want to look....they are developing their own style and it is just too cute. Golly I miss them

Anonymous said...

1. Sometimes small miracles to others are huge for us.
2. The way Willows goggles stand off the side of her head cracks me up! I've been giggling for 5 minutes.

Love you all! Heidi

Anonymous said...

I am all for swimming torpedoes. It will be awesome when they hit the team circuit.
Royal

Kim said...

Super cute torpedoes!