Try to ignore the shelves of stuff in there, this is the unfinished part of our basement where everything is
Saturday, September 15, 2012
2/3 of a Tri Workout
So, one of the benefits of driving out to Washington this summer was my dad offered to give me his treadmill. I. Was. Stoked! We aren't members of any gyms or YMCAs here in the area, at least not at this point, so training in the winter is oftentimes dark, cold, and for the most part just doesn't happen so much. Last winter, I pretty much searched for trial deals all over the place so I could get into gyms and use their treadmills and pools and stuff. Not this winter! All I have to do is head to the basement! Well, at least for 2 out of the 3 sports. Royal bought me a trainer for my bike last Christmas and now, thanks to my dad, I have a treadmill too!
Try to ignore the shelves of stuff in there, this is the unfinished part of our basement where everything isstuffed stored. This kids and I built a mat out of their alphamat blocks for stretching and hopping and doing exercises on. Both the kids have already run at least a mile themselves on the treadmill and played hopscotch on the mat. I think we're going to have fun down here. And while I feel quite strange putting on my running shoes or my bike shoes and going downstairs instead of outside with them on, I think I might be able to get over it since I won't have to run or ride in the dark! Now, if I can only figure out a way to get an endless pool put down here, I'd be set for winter tri training!
Try to ignore the shelves of stuff in there, this is the unfinished part of our basement where everything is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Your indoor gym is coming along nicely! There will be many calories burned, much sweat poured out onto the floor and many muscles made....so awesome that jayden and willow are learning about making exercise a part of their lives...what an awesome team you are! Your room looks neat and tidy and organized....so you..! It's awesome!
Hugs to you all....
Can't wait to use it myself, when I don't have time to hit the gym at lunch.
Royal
Post a Comment