Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 into 2012

We have been having some very warm temperatures for this time of year, so guess what we did on the very last day of 2011???  We went to the zoo!  It was sunny, pretty warm, a bit windy, but totally nice!  And it was a good thing we went too, because my mom usually renews our zoo membership for our family for Christmas and they are having a big ole price hike in 2012, so we got our 2012 membership for 2011 prices!  Gotta love a bargain!  :)  And lucky for all you blog readers and stalkers out there, because I'm pretty sure you'd have thought something was wrong if there were no zoo posts in 2012!

We visited the reptiles exhibit....
And then we visited the jungle to check out what kind of bird Jayden thinks he is going to get...pretty sure it's not gonna be either of these...
We also saw the bears roaming all around.  They don't usually hibernate in the winter because they always have access to food, but they are suppose to be sleepier than normal.  I'm pretty sure these bears are so active because they think it's spring outside.  It's been so sunny and warm and nice, I'm afraid my tulips are gonna come popping out of the ground!
The amur leopard was also really close to the front of his cage.  I always feel so bad for this guy.  He got a real bad rap after attacking a kid last spring.  Attacking a kid is bad, but so is climbing over the barrier and walking right next to his cage, where he could reach through the grate and grab you.  Ummmm....adult supervision, anyone???? :) The kid is totally ok.  The leopard, well, I'm pretty sure people are still talking about him behind his back.

The zoo is also the perfect place for playing with the walkie-talkie's we got for Christmas!

Happy 2012!  I'm just sure it's gonna be a great year!  We've already got some great vacations and trips we are planning to look forward too!  Can anyone say skiing this winter???  And Washington this summer???  Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can say Oh Yeah!
Royal

Anonymous said...

OH Yeah!! Come to Washington!!!
The Great Marshmellow is missing you!!