Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jesse Tree

The Lovingfosses arrived 2 days ago and once again my kids are exhausted!  There is a lot of wrestling and running going on!  I have never been so thankful for a basement!  :)  But exhausted or not, we have holiday things to do!

So today, while Royal and Norma headed off to the Farmer's Market to pick up our Thanksgiving turkey, Fireball and I took the kids to the church to make our Jesse Tree ornaments.  I'm so glad I had Fireball with me because crafts that include markers, scissors, glue, and glitter can always use an extra set of adult hands.  Even with them, things went a little awry.....you will see....
Coloring the ornaments...
Then, onto cutting them out....
Did you happen to notice that Willow lost her shirt?????  That was because while I was distracted putting together the ornament holder book (wrong, at that...had to rip it all apart and practically start over....but whatever...:) ), Willow got impatient about getting to use her scissors.  So, she practiced cutting.....her shirt....
...at least it wasn't her hair!  :)  And with Willow if a shirt gets a spot of dirt, or food, or water, or I guess new holes, on it, she refuses to wear it.  So, off it went.  Willow....my little free spirit.....

Then we did some gluing...
And Jayden did a whole lot of glittering.  But sadly, at this point, my ornament holder book had taken a turn for the worse and I was having to get one-on-one instruction, so my camera didn't get to capture any of the glitter drama, which included entire bottles of glitter getting dumped in a bowl and then most of it ending up on the floor, table, Jayden, etc....with a little sprinkling on the actual ornaments themselves...:)  It was fun.  And thankfully the people at our church like me and handed me a broom to help clean up.  :)  Well, I was the last person to finished my ornament holder, they were picking up tables and chairs all around me, so I might as well help clean up too!  :)
Let the advent season begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good time, even though I showed up late.
Royal

leslee aka mom aka nana said...

the ornament holder book turned out awesome.....at least the picture of it looks awesome! and obviously the kiddos had a fantastic time with grandpa!!! hugs to all of you