Today, the kids and I went to our neighbor Goldie's 5th birthday party. Goldie's mom goes all out for birthday parties, I love going to them, even the outside of the house is always all done up. It's awesome! Today's party was "off-site" at a grandparents house because the theme was a western with pony rides and everything! Not sure how our HOA would've felt about pony's being trotted all over the neighborhood, not that I would've cared. I have what could be considered a clothesline in my backyard (I put Willow's diapers out on it) and that's against HOA rules too. :) I know, I'm a rebel.
At first both of the kidlets were afraid of the pony's, they wouldn't even pet them There were other games to play though, especially with our new best friends who just moved in 2 houses down a little over a month ago.
Jayden and Carson playing sport toss.
Willow did some swinging with her new best friend, Emery (the blonde head behind her), who is also Carson's sister. Willow talks about Emery All. The. Time. "Emery is my friend?" "Emery wants to come over and play with me?" "Emery is my friend!" "Hey Emery!" "Emery come over?" "Emery lives in the green house?" "I going to the green house to play with Emery" It's so cute to have your first best friend.
Jayden kept eyeing the ponies, so a little before I knew they were scheduled to leave, I told him that if he wanted to ride one, he was going to have to do it soon. A few minutes later he comes up to me and tells me he's going over to ride the pony. Sweet! The whole reason I brought my camera with me!
Jayden loved it! And went back a couple more times before the ponies left. He told me later he couldn't wait for Papa (my dad) to see the pictures, since he knows my dad loves to ride horses too. (So, Dad if you're reading, those pictures are for you!)





3 comments:
What a fun party. Willow is just so dang cute! And Jayden is definitely a natural horseman! I'm glad he got up on the horse and found out how much fun riding horses can be....there might need to be a cowboy hat in his future. giddyup
Oh I almost missed this one! that's what happens when you post 2 at once!
Good for Jayden! He looks awful proud of himself. :)
It's great to see Jayden being so brave and getting on that horse!! I love it. He really needs some cowboy boots and a cowboy hat!! I think he and Papa will be great riding partners one day. Having best friends living so close is the best too. Ride 'um cowboy! Hee Haw!. Love from The Great Marshmellow
Post a Comment