Jayden REALLY wanted to have a Halloween party this year.
So, we've been planning it for weeks now. Friends were invited, food menu was picked out, decorations had been put up. Then last night happened. In true Lovingfoss, well actually McComb, fashion, Jayden threw up all over the carpet. I personally think it was a food issue, although I guess we'll find out for sure over the next couple of days to see if anyone else gets sick. He had eaten a ton of junk over the past few days, and just thinking about what he ate gave me a stomach ache. So, I really wasn't too surprised when last night he said that his stomach hurt, then a half an hour later he threw up the contents of his stomach that were stained a lovely blue from the ring pop he had ingested about an hour before. (tmi????) Luckily Royal was around because I can kind of handle the upchuck while it's happening, but the minute I have to actually think about it and cleaning it up, I'm in the corner gagging. So, while Royal figured out a way to get the blue out of the carpet, I got Jayden in the bath, cleaned up, in clean pj's and tucked in bed. Half an hour later, Jayden was throwing up again. And then every 10 minutes (I exaggerate not!) for the next 3 hours, Jayden was throwing up. Every 10 minutes! Finally Royal and I started switching off who got out of bed to help Jayden so the other person could get 20 minutes sleep instead of just 10. It was brutal. But finally around 3, it all stopped, Jayden finally went to sleep and so did we. He woke up today saying he felt just fine, just a little tired. He ate food and drank water and kept it all down, went with us to take Willow to swimming lessons, was acting pretty normal, just tired, and we seriously considered keeping the Halloween party on. I prepared most of the food, but in the end, we decided to play it safe and canceled it. I would feel so awful if Jayden really did have something contagious and we passed it on.
So, Jayden and Willow watched movies and pretty much did this all day
And these poor decorations will just have to stay up to have a It's Not Halloween Party with some friends.
And most of our party food will be taken to work with Royal tomorrow. Mummy Dogs, Nutter Butter Ghosts, Baked Eyeballs, a Bowl of Bones, and a Candy Corn Cake. (not shown - because once we canceled the party, I stopped working on making food into things and just left them normal - were the vampire (tomato) soup, apples with teeth, our veggies, and funeral punch with bat ice cubes)
We're still going out trick or treating though! :)






4 comments:
I thoroughly enjoyed all the food.
Royal
well poor little jaydo. i hope we can help make up for his halloween party that wasn't! hold on to all that loot and we will party down next weekend! :)
I am so sorry about the Halloween Party. I hope Jayden is feeling better and no one else gets sick. A party with his cousins, aunt and nana will be a lot of fun too. Wish I were coming too!! Have fun together!! Love from The Great Marshmellow!!
i'm going to get a costume or at least paint my face and we'll have a party soon as we get there! hug that little boy for me...and hug willow too! she didn't get to have a party either :(
Post a Comment