Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin Paintings

This evening after dinner, while Royal was doing the dishes, I set the kids up outside to create a little art.  I got canvases for them and thought it would be fun to paint some pumpkins to hang on the wall.  I totally didn't expect Willow's to turn out anything like a pumpkin, but I figured Jayden could paint one.  I lightly drew a pumpkin on their canvases, then set the kids loose outside with their easels and acrylic paints.
Jayden loved his pumpkin so much and the color orange, he decided he was going to make a camouflage pumpkin.   I get that, sometimes it's hard to stop painting.

And camouflaged it is!  The finished masterpiece!  "The Camouflaged Pumpkin"
Willow wasn't as concerned about camouflaging her pumpkin, as she was about making sure she used ALL of her paint.  Her canvas has so much paint on it, I'm pretty sure it's going to take about a week to dry.  It's gonna have great texture though!  "The Textured Pumpkin"
I'm totally hanging these up on my wall!

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

i'm doing that project too! i love them!

Amy Cooper said...

I love it! Your kids are ever so artistic!! :)

leslee aka mom aka nana said...

I love their paintings! who doesn't love to create? what a great way to celebrate fall!
hugs

Anonymous said...

Rachel I think you are the Halloween Queen! You have always loved anything to do with Halloween. You have to blooming artists there!! The Great Marshmellow

Anonymous said...

I love my wife for all the art she does herself and with the kids. Such expression and experience, I hope that all three of them never stop.
Royal