Friday, April 29, 2011

Garbage Can Woes

Sometimes I hate Kansas...today is one of those days.

We are having sustained winds of 40 - 45 mph.  I am watching my fence rock back and forth, knowing one of these days the wind is going to get the best of it and knock it over - guess I need cement walls! And the noise of all that wind - I feel totally overstimulated with noise and want to walk around with ear plugs in - but I suppose my children's cry for help or food or water wouldn't be a good thing to ignore. 

I just went out in the backyard to water the flowers and the garden.  Sadly, half my garden plants are dead because the weather decided to take a turn and almost freeze at the night for the last week,  Boo.   And with the wind today, I might as well have been driving down the road with my head sticking out the windows.  Why even have hair in Kansas, it's just going to have to be in a pony tail, because with these winds, it doesn't just blow it across your face, it gets swirled around, so it pretty much just blows straight up off your head and then swirls back around to get you with just the ends in your face.   Stupid.

Then, me and my entourage ventured to the front of the house to water the flowers there.  The garbage man had come and gone and our garbage can was literally blowing down the street, so I went to retrieve it.  I reach the garbage can, grab the handle to wrench it back up on it's wheels, I can hardly see because my hair is blowing across my eyes and, unfortunately, our garbage picker upper didn't secure the lid strap back down, so while I am getting the garbage can up, the stupid wind grabs ahold of the lid and blows it up (at approx 500mph) and hits me right in the face.  I would of been dying laughing had I just watched it happen to someone else, but since it happened to me, I wasn't really laughing, but Jayden was. cracking. up.  "Oh man, mom!  That thing SMACKED you right in the face!!!"   Glad I could cheer someone up.

Today, I don't like it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like it either, just one of those days, I certainly like you however.
Royal

Kaylee said...

I've been laughing about this all day. The visual in my mind should really be made into a short video. I think it could have gone viral had someone captured it on film!!!

Pamela said...

Thank you for being so descriptive. I feel as if I was there getting to witness it before my eyes. (Still laughing about it by the way)