Saturday, April 2, 2011

Backyard Work

I went running this morning with Moms in Motion and then when I got home, I quickly jumped in the shower and got dressed because the kids and Royal and I were going to our church to make Resurrection eggs, in preparation for Easter.  I'd never even heard of them and thought maybe we'd be making some sort of egg that Jesus would pop out of Easter morning.  But turns out, it's better than that!  It's an advent calendar of sorts, with an egg to open every day, for the 12 days before Easter, with a symbol and Bible verse to read and talk about with the kids.  Wish I had some pictures of us creating them, but well, I was in the middle of the creating and I also happen to be the picture taker, and sometimes I can't do both very well.  :)

We then went and got a whole bunch of stuff to start getting the backyard ready for summer!  More wood for one more garden box, some manure and top soil to beef up the other garden box's dirt, stuff like that.  We had some friends stop by to play, and our neighbor's daughter Goldie invited herself right over to show Jayden just how good she was at swinging these days.


We uncovered the sand box and I raked it and poured a good amount of vinegar into the sand to help keep the bugs and critters out.

We also managed to pick up a couple more pots to plant our sweet peas in.  The kids were real interested in Royal drilling some holes in the bottom.

It was a real fun  afternoon and was so nice to feel spring outside.  Our strawberries our starting to sprout out and go crazy, some of the garlic I planted last summer to help keep the mice out are already getting big.  Yea for summer!  We can't wait for you to get here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times had by all, especially me.
Royal

Anonymous said...

Another use for vinegar that I will use since our sandbox is uncovered. Thanks! Dianna