In Jayden's mind, turning 5 was going to be a big deal. He'd say to me, "I'll buckle my own seat belt...when I'm five", "I'll wipe my own bottom...when I'm five", "You can take the training wheels off my bike...when I'm five" (Thank goodness, he didn't stick to his rules for everything and I managed to get him to try something - like wiping his own rear-end - before then) :)
Jayden's had a couple REALLY loose teeth for awhile now and he won't let me near them for fear I'll pluck them out. He kept telling me that when his teeth were ready they would come out on their own. I guess his teeth were waiting until he was five too, because today at lunch, his sandwich took out one of his teeth!
Today was Jayden's snack day at school and since it was his birthday snack day, we carried on the dinosaur theme.
Green dinosaur rice krispy treats (which by the way, I had to buy a container of 50 cookie cutters in order to obtain these dinosaur cutters, so if anybody needs any sort of animal cookie cutter....odds are I have it now...feel free to come over and borrow)
And blue dino-pops!
(don't worry, I included apples to go with, so they get at least something healthy - however I didn't have time to figure out how to cut the apples into dinosaur shapes, so I just said it's dino-food :) )
It's pretty darn good being 5!





2 comments:
That kid is growing up quick, he is definitely a little man.
Royal
Happy Birthday Jayden, Happy Easter Jayden and yaaaaaaaaaaa for that tooth popping out!!!!! So many things happening all at one time. You are definitely growing into a handsome young man. Big hugs and kisses from your Great Aunt Marshmellow!!
Post a Comment