Then on Wednesday, I came down with some stomach bug and wasn't able to eat any food or hardly drink anything without an adverse reaction for 2 days. Friday, I finally started feeling well enough to start eating some food and for the next 2 days I ate oatmeal, toast, crackers, and chicken noodle soup to try and re energize and rehydrate my poor body. Saturday afternoon I was still pretty tired, my legs would burn every time I walked up stairs, and I was still pretty dehydrated, but I was pounding water like it was nobodies business. And then I got up this morning and headed to the race.
I felt pretty good the whole race, I was running with my friend Monica - which running with her was like running with my dad. It seemed like every time we turned a corner, she was waving and saying hello to someone she knew. "Hi! Oh, hi! Hi!" Quite entertaining. :) Then somewhere around 10.5 miles, I knew I was getting really dehydrated, despite the fact that I was taking as much gatorade and water at each station that I could, and it was becoming a struggle to keep my breakfast down. I'm really glad Monica was with me, she just kept me moving forward, even though I couldn't keep up the pace we had been running, which was going to put us really close to the 2 hour mark. I crossed the finish line at 2:04:49. So close! But still my best time ever, so I'll take that. I guess I'll just have to run another one....maybe....
Almost to the finish line!

Monica and I

My friend Amanda and I - we rode to the race together.
8 comments:
Nice work, friend. And…I’m sure you’ll run another one.
Congrats Rachy!
Run as many as you want. I will support you anytime.
Congrats Rachel. I don’t know what you mean by running with me and talking to stangers. That is so not me!!! Love you
You deserve to be very very proud of yourself! great training, great motivation, great stick-with-itness, great great effort…..i think you are simply amazing….’nuf said…..love you truly
You are just amazing! I have never met anyone who is as motivated and never gives up on anything like you do. We need to all take a lesson for our lives from you. Love you! The Great Marshmellow
You are a MACHINE!! Nice work Rach-you don’t even look tired.
How you found the vigor and spirit after having the flu we don’t know. We have our victory flags up for you Rachel.Congrats. Wayne and Norma
Post a Comment