Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lakeside

No, we’re not in Washington, at least not yet! My friend Sabrina invited me and the kids to her condo on Grand Lake for a few days. It’s our first trip into Oklahoma and I was a little nervous about getting lost because the directions she gave me had things on them like, “go down this hyway, when you see a Wal-mart weave through the construction and make a right” and “you’ll come to a stop light a few block before a McDonalds, take a left there” But I only made one wrong turn and we made it here no problem!

Jayden has been a little confused about what lake we were going to. When I was packing up food for us, I had put together the ingredients to make waffles for them in the morning and he said, “Mom, why are you packing that? My Nana will make me waffles”. I’m pretty sure he thought there was only one lake in the world and that was Mason Lake. Well, he knows where Sabrina’s lake is now, so there are at least 2 lakes in the world!







The condo’s also have a cabana with what seems like a magic margarita machine - it’s always full! And a pool where Jayden has perfected his belly flops!



We were also playing some music at the pool and Lunden and Willow started dancing together.



Lunden was obviously done with dancing in this next picture, but Willow wasn’t gonna let go of her man! Willow is in love with Lunden’s mom, Sabrina, and has been since she was a wee little thing. Willow was fussy and cranky this morning during the car ride, then I told her we were going to Sabrina’s house and she perked right up and didn’t have any more problems. She screams and squeals and starts shaking with excitement when she sees Sabrina. She doesn’t do that for anybody except me and when Royal gets home from work. “Sabrina” was one of the first names Willow tried to say and yelled over and over. So if Willow grows up to marry Lunden, I’m gonna know it’s just because she’s always wanted to be related to Sabrina!




4 comments:

mom said...

wowowow you guys look like you are having a wonderful time! i’m happy for you and your wee ones that you found another lake. i miss those munchkins so much….can’t wait till i’m the one making jayden and willow waffles :)

Kay-Kay said...

sweet. looks fun. but i missed our daily talk/talks. :( call me on your way home!

Royal said...

Miss you guys, can’t wait to see you when you get home.

Jessie said...

Rachel…first Willow is wearing Mardi Gras beads, then photos of her being boy crazy…I am a little concerned.