Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day and Sno-cones

Royal’s father’s day started out a little rough. Jayden woke up at 6:30 with a wet bed. I got up, changed Jayden and his bed. Willow woke up at 7:15, also with a wet bed. Royal got up, grabbed Willow and Jayden and put them in the bath, then went out to the kitchen to finish doing the dishes from the night before. About 5 minutes later he hears me yell from the bathroom, “Um, Royal, I need your help!” Willow had pooped in the bathtub and I was frantically pulling kids and toys out of the tub before someone grabbed “something” and was like, ‘what is this? a new bath toy???’ Luckily things went a better from there, but nothing like being reminded first thing in the morning what being a dad is really like!

We spent the morning at El Dorado where the kids played at a playground, Sam chased some birds, we went for a little hike, and then the kids went swimming. Royal wouldn’t even put his foot in the water because the lake looks so dirty, so I waded in the water with the kids. So far, no one has grown an extra limb or anything :)

The kids got Royal a sno-cone machine for Father’s day. While in Arizona, Royal was making sno-cones with my parents margarita machine about every hour, so I thought since it is approaching triple digits here in Wichita that he (and the kids) might like some ice treats here too. I never seem to get to eat mine, because the kids finish theirs off so quick they move right over to mine and help themselves.








1 comment:

Royal said...

Everybody needs a snowcone now and then.