Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Fun

This was our 2nd Easter here in Kansas, all alone, with no family around. I actually don’t really mind being all alone on this holiday. Back in Washington, Easter was like all other holidays and semi-holidays and sometimes weekends, lots of people, lots of food, lots of noise, lots of fun. But for the past few years, I don’t mind not doing that. Easter 2007 was the last time I saw my brother alive, so Easter’s now are a little depressing and sad for me (despite the reality behind Easter - The Resurrection! - not depressing and sad at all!), so a low key Easter is all right with me.

We dyed eggs on Friday.



It was Willow’s first time getting to participate! Please ignore the drool, the girl is always drooling…



Then it was time to put some stickers on our newly colored eggs!



Willow thought it was more fun to put stickers on her leg…



She also thought the eggs were balls, so she wanted to play with them. I said, ‘well, just give her one, they’re hard boiled, so it’s not like she could crush it and make a big mess’

Guess I was wrong. Egg. Down. Never underestimate the thumb strength of a 16 month old. ;)



Today after church, we came home and did our egg hunt. I swear it was over in like 2 minutes. It didn’t take Willow long to figure out what was going on and she loved finding all the little eggs in the yard, especially when she discovered that some of them had candy in them!

(be sure to notice Willow’s shoes…luckily there’s no hippos around here)













After the egg hunt, Jayden really wanted to try and eat an egg like Marcie on “It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown”. I told him he could try it, but we were going to take the shell off, something that Marcie forgot to do…





While Jayden was trying out his salted hard boiled egg, Willow was digging through their Easter boxes looking for more candy



I decided this year to get these canvas boxes to put their Easter presents in, since they could still use the baskets that I got them last year, and we could use the canvas boxes for collecting toys throughout the rest of the year. Jayden’s is blue and is an elephant, Willow’s, you’re not gonna believe this but…Willow’s is a pink hippo. And I got these a couple days before the whole shoe/hippo incident. Guess my life really does have some foreshadowing in it. Maybe if I was paying a little more attention, I would of noticed that God was trying to tell me that hippos were going to play a small, but very funny part in my near future. :)

2 comments:

mom said...

i would have chosen for all of us to be together…lots of food, lots of noise, lots of laughter, lots of chaos, a really big mess…..i miss that so much….i miss you soo much and royal and the two cutest kids in the whole state of kansas….am glad you are making great memories with your kiddos….can’t wait to see you four in may!!!!

Royal said...

Now that there are two little egg finders we will have to double up the amount of eggs, we don’t want mom complaining that the hunt is over quickly.