Jayden and I braved the blizzard because he just couldn’t stand to be inside watching the snow anymore. He just had to get out there so he could throw snowballs at me. He told me he was trying to give me a bruise when he hit me…awesome.


We had solid ice at our house for awhile, nothing like 24 hours of freezing rain before the snow to give everything a nice coating. See the little imprint? That was me trying to determine how much was snow and how much was ice. I’m gonna go with mostly ice.


This was one of my favs. Even the little blades of grass got coated with ice. It was like little icicles popping up from the ground. Normally, when I think of icicles, I picture them hanging down. Not here though! Everything’s backwards in Kansas.

Here is our frozen crab apple tree. We weren’t sure it was gonna make it, it looked like it was about to blow over. But thanks to the little supports you have to put around new trees here until their root systems are strong enough, it managed to stay upright!

But boy, was it frozen. Poor little guy, just wanted to blossom.

Here is one of our hyacinth that bloomed. Now it just looks like a frozen bunch of grapes. Well, actually, NOW, its thawed out and is pretty much turning brown and dying. Who knew that even the plants didn’t expect the freak snow storm. Although, I watched the news last night and there might be more snow in our forecast. Will I ever be able to plant my strawberries????
2 comments:
Over expose the image like a stop or two (give it more light than the light meter tells you to)
Sweet pictures. All the poor plants are frozen, I guess they will have to start spring over.
Post a Comment