One of the perks of living in Kansas is sometimes the schizophrenic weather is awesome. You get a random 80 degree day in the middle of what should be a cold winter and for me, it just gives me enough hope that my freezing cold feet might one day be warm again. Although, it then starts warming up and doesn't stop until it's unbearably hot, but let's not go there yet....
We have had lots of outdoor time, and even managed to get our faces sun-kissed. :) I thought one night I might be running a fever since my cheeks were flushed and I felt hot. Turns out, I was just sunburned.... :)
This is Willow's "take my picture, I have really funny faces!".
On Friday, I decided to do a stadium workout with one of my friends at WSU. Normally, the kids go stay in Royal's office which is right on the WSU campus, but Royal was busy so I brought the kids with me and packed them water and their DS's and a blanket for them to sit on. Silly me, they didn't sit down unless they were drinking their water. Glad I made them put on good shoes in the morning! They ended up doing 5 or so stadium stairs (Willow normally just went half way up because she'd start getting scared how high she was, but still....) and they both ran 4-6 laps around the track. It was impressive!
I thought for sure these crazy kids were totally spent, but no, we got in the car to, according to my plan, go home and fix lunch and take naps, but the kids wanted to go to the zoo. So, off to the zoo we went and we walked around there. I thought for sure they would be ready to rest, and according to my plan, we were heading home to wash hands, get big drinks of water, and naps, but no, our neighbor kids were out and the kids wanted to play with them, so I said, "ok, 30 minutes, then we rest". An hour later, I finally drag the kids inside for rest time. Neither of them rested. And then they stayed up until almost 10 at night. They are crazy, these kids of mine...
Don't get to jealous of our nice weather quite yet. We have all kind of things in store for next week. 50 degrees and sunny, windy, a day of rain, and perhaps a day of snow. Lucky, we are.












3 comments:
AWESOME pictures! :) That last picture, Willow looks EXACTLY like you!!! ha!
What a wonderful sunny summery post! Your bright happy kids are the picture of health and happiness! You have set such an awesome example of what it takes to be strong and fit...good job sweetie! Hugs to all of you
It was a great day, and now the weather has turned ugly.
Royal
Post a Comment