Monday, March 12, 2012

Whirlwind Washington Trip

It has been about 14 months since my family has been back to Washington.  Way. Too. Long!  And now, it especially feels so, because I got to go back for just 5 measly little days, and it wasn't enough, and now I'm itching to go back.  Next time with the kids though, because I'm pretty sure the cousins (and grandparents for that matter) will not forgive me a 2nd time for coming with out Jayden and Willow.

Royal took a couple days off of work to take care of the kids so I could fly out to meet my new niece, Annabel, and all the other babies that have been born to my friends since I have been gone.  I have NEVER been away from Willow, and I have only been away from Jayden for 2 days at the most, and that was almost 4 years ago.  It's not that I wouldn't have left them before, it's just I've never had the opportunity, where in the world would they have stayed???  :)  So, needless to say, while in Washington I felt like I was walking out of the house without my pants on or something.  I felt like I had everything, but something major was missing!  Good thing next time, they will be with me, and if I'm walking out the door and feel like something's missing, it just might be my pants!  :)

So, here's a quick recap of my trip.   And beware, this is like picture overload of me.  My blog may freak out and melt down because there are so many pictures with me in them, I've pretty much hit my photo quota for the next 2 years, so don't be surprised if I don't pop up in any pictures for a REALLY long time....

I flew into Portland on Wednesday and headed up to Kelso.  There I got to see my brother, Jordan, my sister in law, Lisa and her boyfriend, my brother in law, Gabe,  my parents-in-law, Norma and Wayne, and one of my very besties, Pammy.  Pamela is my friend who swore she was never having kids, so when she and her husband got pregnant and had a baby, I was soooooo excited.  But sadly, because we live half a country away from each other, I had to wait almost an entire year to meet him.
Me, Pammy, and Brycen
I stayed the night in Kelso, and the next morning I drove up to Olympia to the 140 acre park that my sister, Kaylee, lives on!  The weather was so nice!  I couldn't believe it!  Sunny and in the 60's!  Fantastic!
Easton, Me, and Brendan (do you see my old double BOB in the background?  I almost hugged it when I saw it, I've missed it so! when I went running one morning, I thought about making one of Kaylee's little kids go with me, so I could run while pushing it again, but Easton was sick and Annabel is pretty attached to Kaylee, so I just went on my own :))
Easton's pretty much only loves Kaylee and while on the inside he might totally think that I'm his most favorite person, he would never show it on the outside.  He banished me from rooms and from sitting next to him all the time, but I choose to believe it's because he loved me so much he didn't want to betray his feelings for Kaylee.  Luckily, I could easily win him over with a little Starfall on my iPad.  :)
Me and Easton
 Me and Wyatt
The next day, I got to see my Dad
And my Grandma Joann
And that night, the girls all went out for some sushi!
Annabel, Kaylee, Me, and Joanna
And Me and my Mom
Then that night, Kaylee, Joanna, and I drove to Shelton to visit a couple friends.  My really great friend, Amy, who just had a baby 10 days ago!
Me, Caroline, and Amy
We all congregated at our friend, Jessie's house.  Really she's one of Kaylee's best friends, but since we're sisters and all, we like to share.  Jessie is who I am riding the STP with this summer.  We're pretty much going to be best sore butt buddies.  :)
Kaylee, Jessie, Annabel, Joanna, Me, Caroline, and Amy.
The next morning, I went over to my best friend Teresa's house.  We have known each other pretty much our entire lives, but since high school, we can't seem to ever live in the same area.  Teresa moved to a house that is literally 5 minutes away from my old house in Olympia, right after we moved to Wichita.  It's totally depressing.  But!  At least she is now in the same area as my family so when we go back to Washington, we can see each other!  Her husband made a super delicious brunch for Teresa, myself, and a couple more of our friends from high school.  We had cinnamon sugar muffins, a fruit platter, salmon omelettes, crab cakes, chicken sausage, bacon, and don't forget lemon tarts for dessert.  Because you always need dessert after brunch.  :)  It was so fun to see these girls somewhere other than on facebook!
Nicole, Me, Shannon, and Teresa
Later that day, back at the Kaylee's, I got to see my Aunt Nancy and my cousin Heidi.  And I have no idea why I don't have a picture with them.  It seemed there were 5 million people at Kaylee's house at the time, you think I could of got someone to take our picture.  I blame it on the food coma from brunch earlier in the day.  Lame-o.  (next time, girls, next time!)
Me and the Wagner kids later that evening. 
Me and sweet little Annabel.
Then later, Jordan came up from Portland
And we did a trick together. :)  because we're cool like that. 
And sadly, the next morning, I had to pack up my things and say good bye.  The trip went way too fast, and it just makes me all the more depressed that I don't live near my sister and the rest of my family for that matter.  But only 4 months until the kids and I make the journey across the states to stay in Washington for a good month!  We can't wait!

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

that was fun. and good job for taking so many pictures of yourself!!

Kaylee said...

...and easton just cracks me up. wonder if he'll grow out of that whole thing??

Mrs. Henry said...

Next time, I am sooooo going to be in one of those pics.

Anonymous said...

Next time there is going to be me and some fish in those pictures.
Royal