Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break Day 4

Craft Day!  Still raining outside, and I am so sick of entertaining "bored" kids and watching movies and playing Wii games, so the kids and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to stock up on some more craft supplies.

First, we made some melty bead projects!

Then we moved on to a far messier project.  Slime.  And I always tend to go a bit overboard on the food coloring part of it, so everybody's hands were dyed either pink or purple for the rest of the day.   :)

Then during Willow's rest time, Jayden and I did a bead project.  Both of the kids are talking about going to Washington non-stop.  Jayden wants to play with Brendan and Wyatt and Easton.  Willow wants to see baby Annabel and "hold her in my hands"  and "feed her my water".  They are constantly asking me when we are going, how many days, is it time yet?, can we leave tomorrow?  So, Jayden and I made a countdown.   I couldn't imagine having to cut out like 100 rings to put together in a chain ring, so we used beads!  We have 96 days until we blast off for Washington.  96!  I couldn't believe it was under 100!  I made a countdown chain for Willow too, so that we don't have to argue about whose turn it is to take a bead off, they both get too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work my lovely family, nice work.
Royal

Kaylee said...

Sometimes I just want to "like" Royals comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need the slime recipe. Is it close to goop?
Realized we didn't take a picture at the movie the other night. What a bummer. :( Great time though and great movie!!